We invite you to shape the future of IBM, including product roadmaps, by submitting ideas that matter to you the most. Here's how it works:
Post your ideas
Post ideas and requests to enhance a product or service. Take a look at ideas others have posted and upvote them if they matter to you,
Post an idea
Upvote ideas that matter most to you
Get feedback from the IBM team to refine your idea
Help IBM prioritize your ideas and requests
The IBM team may need your help to refine the ideas so they may ask for more information or feedback. The product management team will then decide if they can begin working on your idea. If they can start during the next development cycle, they will put the idea on the priority list. Each team at IBM works on a different schedule, where some ideas can be implemented right away, others may be placed on a different schedule.
Receive notification on the decision
Some ideas can be implemented at IBM, while others may not fit within the development plans for the product. In either case, the team will let you know as soon as possible. In some cases, we may be able to find alternatives for ideas which cannot be implemented in a reasonable time.
Provide the ability to create a Catalog using a single Cloud Object Storage bucket
Provide the ability to create a Catalog against a single Cloud Object Storage bucket. This provides several benefits:
- The ability to use a Cloud Object Storage bucket as an "Incoming Destination" to quarantine all new content
- It enables a small set of "Data Engineers" or "Content Administrators" to have one location and flow for all raw or incoming data sets to follow. From this "Incoming bucket or destination content is screened, cleansed, moved and published in the larger area wide catalog.
- It facilitates Content providers (both internal and external to a team or business) with a place and process to push all raw content to so it can be screened before allowed in a more area wide catalog.
- It makes very efficient use of content repositories and their logical isolation mechanisms (bucket level isolation in COS).
- This provides an excellent start for creating an event driven data cleaning / data cataloging workflow.
Do not place IBM confidential, company confidential, or personal information into any field.