We invite you to shape the future of IBM, including product roadmaps, by submitting ideas that matter to you the most. Here's how it works:
Post your ideas
Post ideas and requests to enhance a product or service. Take a look at ideas others have posted and upvote them if they matter to you,
Post an idea
Upvote ideas that matter most to you
Get feedback from the IBM team to refine your idea
Help IBM prioritize your ideas and requests
The IBM team may need your help to refine the ideas so they may ask for more information or feedback. The product management team will then decide if they can begin working on your idea. If they can start during the next development cycle, they will put the idea on the priority list. Each team at IBM works on a different schedule, where some ideas can be implemented right away, others may be placed on a different schedule.
Receive notification on the decision
Some ideas can be implemented at IBM, while others may not fit within the development plans for the product. In either case, the team will let you know as soon as possible. In some cases, we may be able to find alternatives for ideas which cannot be implemented in a reasonable time.
I tried to built a report in PAW which has three separate grids, showing Month, YTD and Full Year. These must be separate grids as the other things that the grids show are different. There is a selector at the top allowing the user to choose the month. What is shown in the Month, YTD, and Full Year Grid then needs to change according to the month.
This is a very common requirement, but is incredibly difficult to achieve in PAW. This should be made a lot easier.
I tried to do this using a web sheet using formula to derive the YTD and Full Year according to the selected Month. However, Synchronisation in PAW is not granular enough and any attempt to turn on Sync resulted in the SUBNMs on the Web sheet being corrupted eg the Month SUBNM got set to a Year. I tried arranging things so that the Month, YTD and Year all came from different Named Hierarchies but the Month SUBNM was still getting corrupted with a year.
The only option that appears to work is to use a SUBNM on a web sheet to let the user select the month and to then DBS this into a cube dimensioned by }Clients and Measures, and to derive the YTD and Full Year in Rules and then reference that in MDX subsets, which are then used in the YTD and Full Year Grids. This is far too complex a solution to a common problem
It should be possible to achieve this without using Web Sheets.
Do not place IBM confidential, company confidential, or personal information into any field.