We invite you to shape the future of IBM, including product roadmaps, by submitting ideas that matter to you the most. Here's how it works:
Post your ideas
Post ideas and requests to enhance a product or service. Take a look at ideas others have posted and upvote them if they matter to you,
Post an idea
Upvote ideas that matter most to you
Get feedback from the IBM team to refine your idea
Help IBM prioritize your ideas and requests
The IBM team may need your help to refine the ideas so they may ask for more information or feedback. The product management team will then decide if they can begin working on your idea. If they can start during the next development cycle, they will put the idea on the priority list. Each team at IBM works on a different schedule, where some ideas can be implemented right away, others may be placed on a different schedule.
Receive notification on the decision
Some ideas can be implemented at IBM, while others may not fit within the development plans for the product. In either case, the team will let you know as soon as possible. In some cases, we may be able to find alternatives for ideas which cannot be implemented in a reasonable time.
Request for addition of Group Processing Functionality in Virtual MDM at 22.214.171.124
We had discussed in past on the availability of group processing functionality and IBM MDM Advocate: Effy Wu confirmed that this functionality no longer exist in MDM version126.96.36.199.
We would like to get IBM's recommendations on the alternative possible approach for this. Below is the use case for our application :
1. We are moving our system from daily batch feeds to real time event based transactions. We are utilizing Event Notification framework for the member/entity changes in MDM and sending to downstream.
2. We usually get member add/update transactions from our source systems. We don’t have much issue with Member update as MDM just generates only one event.
3. We are seeing 3 events getting generated if a new member gets enrolled in MDM (Member created, Member Updated and Member Linked). Most of the time the data on these 3 events are same except the member event type.
4. Our down streams are complaining of duplicate messages from MDM because of scenario explained in step # 3
5. We also see this as a major concern because if MDM gets 1 Million member added to its DB then MDM will generate 3M events for downstream and that’s going to take time to get processed by our downstream systems.
Do not place IBM confidential, company confidential, or personal information into any field.